1. Once a week
- When? on the same day each week – update your QBO bank feed and login to Hubdoc to check that your account connections are running smoothly.
- Make sure you are using Chrome for your browser and opening new tasks using a fresh tab and a bookmark.
2. Your beginning of the month tasks & to do’s
- When? 5th of the month
- All documents, bank & credit card statements and receipts in Dext.
- Meals & Entertainment – both the restaurant receipt AND the payment receipt, side by side with the who & why written on the receipt.
- NO personal receipts in Hubdoc.
- Include Petty Cash balance.
- Mark any receipts paid from Petty Cash as Petty Cash in Hubdoc
- Sales and invoicing complete.
- Payments & deposits recorded in QBO or uploaded to Dext.
- Bills “paid” in QBO.
- Either we real-world pay your bills or you do. And either we post your payments or you do. If this is your responsibility make sure they are posted as paid (double-check the account they are coming out of!)
3. Your mid-month tasks & to do’s.
- When? 5 days after the previous month-end
- You will receive an unknown, uncleared or questionable transaction report via a client task.
- Mark up unknown, uncleared or questionable transaction report.
- Complete any other tasks via Karbon.
4. Management reports received
- Email CV Bookkeeping if not received on or about the 10th.
- Review Profit and Loss.
- Review Accounts Receivable.
- Review Accounts Payable.
- Review Balance Sheet.
- Review Statement of Cashflow.
- Complete Task: Period end Management Reports approved.
- Send email: I’m not ready to approve the reports.
- Include notes of what needs review, discussing or changing.
“The CRA is not your enemy – pay every penny you owe.CV Bookkeeping has your back – pay not a penny more.”
5. Final end of cycle tasks & to-dos.
- When: Immediately after all previous items are complete, either by you or CV Bookkeeping depending on the engagement.
GST/HST filing report received? Email CV Bookkeeping if not received on or about the 20th.
- GST/HST filed. When: By the 25 of the month, either by you or CV Bookkeeping, depending on the engagement.
- GST/HST paid. When: By the 25 of the month, post-dated to end of the month is fine.
- GST/HST filing confirmation and payment receipt uploaded to Hubdoc.
- Complete Tasks: Confirming GST/HST files and/or paid.
Enjoy your sense of accomplishment in engaging in your bookkeeping!
Maintaining a 5-star, useful set of books is a team effort and we appreciate you engaging in your role for your bookkeeping.